The Southern Adelaide Local Health Network (SALHN) approves approximately 500 new research studies a year (as well as a similar number of amendments to existing studies).
Some of the current projects include:
- An investigation of wind farm and traffic noise effects on sleep
- Does admission BMI influence inpatient rehabilitation outcomes?
- What do cancer survivors die of?
- Improving management of chronic conditions in breast cancer survivors
- Comparison of inflammatory mediators in tracheal aspirate and bronchoalveolar lavage
specimens in ventilated ICCU patients
- Predicting poor symptomatic recovery after aortic valvular interventions using multiple clinical and imaging modalities
- A 52-week, multicenter, randomized, double-blind, placebo controlled study to assess the efficacy and safety of QAW039 when added to existing asthma therapy inpatients with uncontrolled severe asthma
If you are looking at undertaking research in SALHN, please view the undertaking research section.