Human Research Ethics Committee Expression of Interest
Expressions of Interest are invited to join the Southern Adelaide Clinical Human Research Ethics Committee (SAC HREC).
The SAC HREC is a joint committee of the Southern Adelaide Local Health Network (SALHN) and Flinders University. As a chosen lead HREC, the SAC HREC reviews multi-site and single site clinical research being undertaken within SA Health (including SALHN) and Flinders University, which involves patients, staff or visitors, research involving the administration of drugs, and applications from external organisations, which have requested the SAC HREC review studies on their behalf.
Nominations are currently sought for the following National Health and Medical Research Council(NHMRC) member categories:
- Lay members who have no affiliation with the institution, and do not currently engage in medical, scientific, legal or academic work
- Clinicians or allied health professionals with current experience in the professional care, counselling or treatment of people
- Person who performs a pastoral care role in the community i.e. Aboriginal Elder or Minister of Religion
- Lawyer, who is not engaged to advise the institution
- Current research experience
Members are appointed for a term of three years (and may be re-appointed for a further term of three years).
Lay members are expected to attend monthly full committee meetings and review participant documentation from a non-clinical perspective. Sitting fees will be paid up to three hours per meeting.
The Pastoral care member/s are expected to attend subcommittee meetings when required, monthly full committee meetings and review participant documentation from a non-clinical perspective.
Clinical members are expected to attend fortnightly subcommittee meetings, monthly full committee meetings and review a range of committee and out of session low risk applications and amendments.
Applications close on Friday 18 August 2017 at 5pm.
For more information or to request the Expression of Interest form, please phone (08) 8204 6453 or email Health.SALHNofficeforresearch@sa.gov.au