The SA Premier’s Nursing & Midwifery Scholarships
The SA Premier’s Scholarships are open to all nurses and midwives working across all South Australian healthcare sectors and support study tours by nurses and midwives that involve exploration of innovative practices and evidence-based initiatives relevant to their chosen field.
2018/2019 Scholarships Program
Applications open Monday 16 October and close at 5.00 pm on Friday 8 December 2017.
The Scholarships must be taken between 1 July 2018 and 30 June 2019, with the expectation that the recipients return to work in South Australia and utilise their experiences to enhance nursing and midwifery practice and improve outcomes for patients and the broader South Australian community.
The scholarships are awarded as follows:
- Five overseas study tour Scholarships up to the value of $12,000 each.
Forms and supporting documentation
Guidelines, FAQs and supporting documents to complete your application are provided below.
- FAQ – Applying for a SA Premier’s Nursing and Midwifery Scholarship Study Tour (PDF 402KB)
- FAQ – Undertaking a SA Premier’s Nursing and Midwifery Scholarship Study Tour (PDF 408KB)
- Form 1 – Study Tour Proposal Template (PDF 326KB)
- Study tour Proposal Objective Exemplar (PDF 320KB)
- Form 2 – Biographic Information and Declaration (PDF 46KB)
- Form 3 – Health Unit/Service Endorsement (PDF 45KB)
- Form 5 – Overseas Travel Diary Template (PDF 150KB)
- Overseas Travel Diary exemplar (PDF 197KB)
- Form 10 – Application Checklist (PDF 41KB)
All applications will be submitted online through the SA Health Careers website.
Study Tour reports for 2016-2017
- Sustainable model of nursing care for people living with Parkinson’s disease (PDF 7498KB) by Sue Sharrad
- Solution Focused Brief Therapy in acute mental health services (PDF 756KB) by David Hains
- Young adults with disability and/or complex health needs moving to adult services (PDF 1025KB) by Dana Wright
- Report Strategic Directions for Transforming Health (PDF 2270KB) by Liz Rankin
- Butterfly Care Home (PDF 3416KB) by Louise Dewolf
For any enquiries please email Nursing and Midwifery Scholarships at Health.NursingandMidwiferyOfficeScholarships@sa.gov.au.