Allied and Scientific Health Office
Our office is proud to represent South Australia’s allied and scientific health community and their clients. We endeavour to represent this community with a professional, interactive and responsive approach.
Please visit the Allied and Scientific Health Office website for full details of career pathways and professional development resources, registration and credentialing information, links to grants and scholarships, and evidence informed practice initiatives.
Phone: (08) 8226 6406
Address: Level 5, Citi Centre Building, 11 Hindmarsh Square, Adelaide, South Australia
Our role and responsibilities
Our roles and responsibilities are to:
- inform, guide and advocate for SA Health’s allied and scientific health workforce
- provide strategic allied and scientific health advice at state, national and international levels including the following national bodies
- Allied Health Professions Australia (AHPA)
- National Allied Health Advisors Committee
- Health Workforce Australia
- Health RoundTable
- Independent Hospital Pricing Authority (IHPA)
- International Chief Health Profession Officers (ICHPO)
- build allied and scientific workforce capacity across government, non-government, tertiary and private sectors
- promote the integration of evidence based research into clinical and management practices.
SA Health provides outstanding support to allied health professionals with training, education, flexible working conditions and opportunities for career development. ASHO provides the following information on allied and scientific health:
- continuing professional development
- upcoming events, presentations and conferences
- research, projects and outcomes
- networking and accessing your allied or scientific health networks
- career pathways, from upcoming positions to enterprise agreements
The Chief Allied and Scientific Health Advisor also assumes oversight of ClinEdSA including operational and secretariat support for the Integrated Regional Clinical Training Network (IRCTN) initiative in South Australia. ClinEdSA is primarily funded by Health Workforce Australia (HWA) and is hosted by System Performance Directorate of SA Health. ClinEdSA has synergies with key work areas across SA Health, in particular the Office for Professional Leadership, Workforce and Policy and Commissioning.
The ASHO provides a forum for allied and scientific health professionals to:
- access relevant allied and scientific health information
- gain advice regarding legislation, procedures, policies and enterprise agreements
- provide results and findings of statewide research and evidence based practice in an accessible and useful format.
For further information please visit the Allied and Scientific Health Office website.