South Australian suicide prevention community grants scheme
In 2014 the South Australian Government provided $903,000 per annum for four years to support suicide prevention and postvention activities.
Community grants are available under the South Australian Suicide Prevention Community Grants Scheme (SPCGS) to support individuals and organisations undertake suicide prevention activities or projects that are specifically designed to address the needs of their local community.
In 2015-16, 19 organisations received funding to undertake suicide prevention activities in South Australia. View a list of the organisations and project descriptions (PDF 87KB).
Applications open for South Australian Suicide Prevention Community Grants Scheme: April – Friday 19 May 2017
The Office of the Chief Psychiatrist, SA Health, is now seeking applications for suicide prevention activities that can be undertaken from 01 July 2017 to 31 June 2018.
To be eligible:
- Applicants must demonstrate that their proposal meets suicide prevention need objectives and outcomes in a South Australian community
- Applicants must have an Australian Business Number (ABN) and projects or activities must be specifically for South Australians.
- Read the SA suicide prevention community grants fact sheet (PDF 254KB)
- Download and complete the 2017 application form (PDF 361KB) / 2017 application form (DOCX 422KB)
- Submit the completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm ACDT (Australian Central Daylight Time), Friday 19 May 2017.
Late applications will not be accepted.
For further information, contact the SA Health Office of the Chief Psychiatrist:
PO Box 287
Adelaide SA 5000
Telephone: (08) 8226 1091