Country Health SA Local Health Network Health Advisory Council Inc. (Governing Council)
The Health Advisory Council was established by the Minister for Health and Ageing to undertake an advocacy role on behalf of the community and to provide advice in relation to health matters, amongst other functions. In accordance with the requirements of Section 17 of the Health Care Act 2008, the Health Advisory Council is governed by a constitution determined by the Minister.
Full details of the functions of the Health Advisory Council are contained in the constitution.
A précis of the functions of the Country Health SA Local Health Network Health Advisory Council (Governing Council) is as follows:
- Advise the Local Health Network on effective clinical and corporate governance frameworks to support the maintenance and improvement of standards of patient care and services by the Local Health Network.
- Advise on systems:
- to support the efficient and economic operation of the Local Health Network; and
- to ensure the Local Health Network manages its budget to ensure performance targets are met; and
- to ensure that the Local Health Network’s resources are applied equitably to meet the needs of the community served by the network.
- Advise on strategic plans to guide the delivery of services for the Local Health Network.
Provide strategic oversight of and monitor the Local Health Network’s financial and operational performance in accordance with any performance measures in the performance agreement for the Local Health Network.
Country Health SA LHN Governing Council Communiqués
- 2016-2017 Annual Report (PDF 1.44MB)
- 2015-2016 Annual Report (SA Parliament)
- 2014-2015 Annual Report (SA Parliament)
- 2013-2014 Annual Report (SA Parliament)
- 2012-2013 Annual Report (SA Parliament)
- 2011-2012 Annual Report (SA Parliament)
- 2010-2011 Annual Report (SA Parliament)
- 2009-2010 Annual Report (PDF 766KB)
- 2008-2009 Annual Report (SA Parliament)
|Mr Peter Blacker
(Former Chair of the Regional Communities Consultative Council and Former Chair of the Community Engagement Board) – Presiding Member
|Governing Council Members|
|Mr Geoff Sam||Hospital / Health Service Management|
|Ms Roseanne Healy
(Non-Executive Director to various companies including; HomeStart Finance, Grains Research and Development Corporation and GP Partners Australia) – Business / Financial Management
|Business / Financial Management|
|Mrs Kathleen Gregurke
(Retired Department of Education and Children’s Services employee, community representative for Country SA region) – Health Consumer
|Mrs Lucy Evans
(Member of Aboriginal Health Council of SA and other associations, Native Title Board, Aboriginal Carers Association) – Knowledge of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander
|Knowledge of ATSI|
|Ms Debbie Sparkes
(Primary Health Care Systems Coordinator, Southern Adelaide Fleurieu and Kangaroo Island Medicare Local) – Medicare Local and Clinical (Nursing)