The current Chief Pharmacist for SA Health is Steve Morris. The Chief Pharmacist is responsible for the provision of professional leadership, advice and broad direction on a diverse range of pharmacy and medicine issues to ensure best possible outcomes for all South Australians. The Chief Pharmacist is involved in:
- improving pharmacy service delivery
- facilitating the integration of pharmacy services within health services to ensure the best possible outcomes for people in our hospitals, aged care facilities and the community
- promoting the safe, cost-effective, quality use of medicines
- workforce planning and reform
- promoting the integration of evidence based research into clinical practice
- promoting education, training and professional development
- monitoring quality and safety standards.
Steve is also the Executive Director of SA Pharmacy which is responsible for the provision of pharmacy services within the SA Health portfolio.
Contact details for general enquiries
Telephone: (08) 8204 1944