Nursing and Midwifery Excellence Awards
The South Australian Nursing and Midwifery Excellence Awards (Awards) recognise and acknowledge the significant contribution that nurses and midwives make to their professions and the wider community through their practice.
The Awards are open to all nurses, midwives or nursing and midwifery teams working in a speciality area or health care environment. This includes those working in the public sector, private sector, primary health care, rural and remote, aged care, education, research or private practice who you feel deserve to be recognised for their excellence.
Congratulations to the finalists and winners of the 2017 Nursing and Midwifery Excellence Awards. The Award recipients were announced at the 17th Annual Nursing and Midwifery Excellence Awards dinner on Friday 12 May 2017.
Mary Buckskin: Nursing & Midwifery Excellence Award for Excellence in Practice: Aboriginal Nurse/Midwife - Jessica McKenzie
Excellence in Practice: Enrolled Nurse - James Carroll
Excellence in Person Centred Care: Team Award (Registered Nurse/Registered Midwife/Enrolled Nurse) - CHSALHN BloodMove
Excellence in Practice: Registered Midwife - Michelle Marsh
Excellence in Practice: Registered Nurse - Georgina Paterson
Excellence in Innovation in Education (Registered Nurse/Registered Midwife) - Trudi Verrall
Excellence in Innovation in Clinical Research (Registered Nurse/Registered Midwife) - Associate Professor Alison Hutton
Excellence in Leadership (Registered Nurse/Registered Midwife) - Viv London
Congratulations to the following recipients of the 2017- 2018 South Australian Premier’s Nursing and Midwifery Scholarships:
Jorja Terrell - Women’s and Children’s Hospital Network
Vicki Moss - Southern Adelaide Local Health Network
Tracey Markham - Women’s and Children’s Health Network
Steven Bruni - Central Adelaide Local Health Network
Lauren Goudas - Central Adelaide Local Health Network
- School of Nursing and Midwifery, University of South Australia - silver sponsor
- Australian Nursing and Midwifery Federation (SA Branch) - bronze sponsor
- Your Nursing Agency (YNA) - gift bag sponsor
- Umoona Tjutagku Health Service Aboriginal Corporation - entertainment/band sponsor
- TAFE SA - photo booth sponsor
- St Andrew's Hospital - dancefloor sponsor
- Calvary Wakefield Hospital - Centrepiece Sponsor
- HESTA - gala event sponsor
- arteGraphica - printing sponsor
- University of Adelaide - supporter
- Healthcare Australia - supporter
- Australian College of Midwives (ACM) - supporter.
For more information
Phone: (08) 8330 4400