Nursing and Midwifery Excellence Awards
The South Australian Nursing and Midwifery Excellence Awards (Awards) recognise and acknowledge the significant contribution that nurses and midwives make to their professions and the wider community through their practice.
The Awards are firmly focussed on recognising excellence in practice of all nurses and midwives and the significant contribution they make to their professions, their teams and to the community through their practice, leadership and research endeavours.
Nominations for the 2018 Awards are now open.
Who can be nominated
Please consider nominating a nurse, midwife, or team working in any specialty area or healthcare environment, including anyone in the following areas:
- primary healthcare
- rural & remote
- aged care
- tertiary sector
You can nominate anyone whom you feel deserve to be recognised for their excellence and because they make a positive difference.
The 2018 Nursing and Midwifery Excellence Awards comprise of eight Award categories:
- Mary Buckskin Excellence in Practice - Aboriginal Nurse/Midwife
- Excellence in Practice - Registered Nurse
- Excellence in Practice - Registered Midwife
- Excellence in Practice - Enrolled Nurse
- Excellence in Innovation in Education (Registered Nurse/Registered Midwife)
- Excellence in Innovation in Clinical Research (Registered Nurse/Registered Midwife)
- Excellence in Leadership (Registered Nurse/Registered Midwife)
- Excellence in Person Centred Care – Team Award (Registered Nurse/Registered Midwife/Enrolled Nurse)
All nominees will be assessed against specific criteria. To read more about the assessment process, see the Nursing and Midwifery Excellence Awards website.
How to nominate
To nominate an outstanding nurse or midwife, visit the Nursing and Midwifery Excellence Awards website.
Nominations are via an online portal. All information on award categories and documents to draft your nomination are also available on this website.
Nominations close Friday 15 December, 2017
Award presentation night
The Award category winners will be announced at the South Australian Nursing and Midwifery Excellence Awards Gala Dinner. Excellence Award recipients will receive a trophy and prize money of $1,000.00 in recognition of their achievements.
The 2018 Gala Dinner will be held on Friday 11 May, 2018.
Tickets will be available in March 2018.
For more information
Phone: (08) 8330 4400