Nursing and Midwifery Excellence Awards
The South Australian Nursing and Midwifery Excellence Awards (Awards) recognise and acknowledge the significant contribution that nurses and midwives make to their professions and the wider community through their practice.
The Awards are open to all nurses, midwives or nursing and midwifery teams working in a speciality area or health care environment. This includes those working in the public sector, private sector, primary health care, rural and remote, aged care, education, research or private practice who you feel deserve to be recognised for their excellence.
Nominations now open
Nominations for the 2019 Awards are now open!
To nominate click here.
The 2019 Nursing and Midwifery Excellence Awards comprise of nine Award categories:
- Mary Buckskin Excellence in Practice - Aboriginal Nurse/Midwife
- Excellence in Practice - Registered Nurse
- Excellence in Practice - Registered Midwife
- Excellence in Practice - Enrolled Nurse
- Excellence in Innovation in Education (Registered Nurse/Registered Midwife)
- Excellence in Innovation in Clinical Research (Registered Nurse/Registered Midwife)
- Excellence in Leadership (Registered Nurse/Registered Midwife)
- Excellence in Person Centred Care – Team Award (Registered Nurse/Registered Midwife/Enrolled Nurse)
- Consumer Appreciation Award (Registered Nurse/Registered Midwife/Enrolled Nurse) *NEW
All nominees will be assessed against specific criteria. To read more about the assessment process please click here.
Nominations close: Friday, 16 November 2018
Award category winners will be announced at the South Australian Nursing and Midwifery Excellence Awards Gala Dinner on Friday, 10 May 2019 and will receive a trophy and prize money of $1,000 in recognition of their achievements.
The 2019 South Australian Nursing and Midwifery Excellence Awards Gala Dinner will be held on Friday, 10 May 2019. Tickets will be available in March 2019.
SA Health would like to acknowledge the contribution of the following sponsors:
- GOLD SPONSOR: Australian Nursing and Midwifery Federation (SA Branch)
- PRINTING SPONSOR: ArteGraphica
For more information
Nursing and Midwifery Office
Office of Professional Leadership
Ph: 8226 0749