healthdirect is a health advice and information service which provides online and telephone access to trusted health information and advice.
On the healthdirect website, you can:
- Use a symptom checker to get guidance on the appropriate healthcare action e.g. if you need to see a doctor or go to your nearest hospital or emergency department. It helps you understand symptoms and possible signs of illness, causes and complications.
- Use the service finder to find information about the availability and location of local health services.
- Find information about medical conditions.
- Find medication information.
- Access details on how to speak to a registered nurse 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Access details on how to speak to a GP after-hours.
This information is also available on the healthdirect app and can be downloaded on the App Store or Google Play.