Aboriginal health services
SA Health is committed to improving the health outcomes of Aboriginal people in South Australia.
Aboriginal people experience poorer health and greater exposure to risk factors than other South Australians.
SA Health is working to address this inequality by ensuring mainstream health services are more responsive to the needs of Aboriginal people.
Our Aboriginal health services work together with local communities to offer:
- health screening tests
- chronic disease management
- illness prevention
- healthy lifestyle advice
- adult and child health checks
- health care plans
They also assist other health workers in understanding the needs and culture of the Aboriginal community.
Providing greater access to Aboriginal health services will make a long term improvement to the health and wellbeing of South Australia’s Aboriginal people.
Aboriginal health or community service near you
To find an Aboriginal health or community service near you please select the appropriate region and follow the links for more information.
- Adelaide metropolitan
- Eyre and Western
- Far North
- Fleurieu Peninsula and Kangaroo Island
- Limestone Coast
- Murray Mallee
- Yorke and Mid North
If you cannot find a service near you please visit the National Health Services Directory and search for your location.
(ACCHS) means Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Service.
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Unit
- Aboriginal Sobriety Group
- City of Playford – Marni Waeindi - Indigenous Pathways Centre
- GP Plus Super Clinic Modbury - Maringga Turtpandi Primary Health Care Services
- Indigenous Home and Community Care Program – Tea Tree Gully
- Inner North Country Community Health Services (INCHS)
- Kanggawodli Aboriginal Step Down Service (CNAHS)
- Kumangka Aboriginal Youth Service
- Kura Yerlo Inc (ACCHS)
- Muna Paiendi Primary Health Care Service (ACCHS)
- Nunkuwarrin Yunti of South Australia Inc (ACCHS)
- Parks Primary Health Care Centre
- Port Adelaide Primary Health Care Services
- GP Plus Super Clinic Noarlunga
- Marion Youth at GP Plus Health Care Centre Marion - IYZ Indigenous Young Zone
- The Second Story
- Ceduna Koonibba Aboriginal Health Service
- Nunyara Wellbeing Centre (ACCHS)
- Oak Valley Health Clinic
- Port Lincoln Aboriginal Health Service (ACCHS)
- Port Lincoln Health Service
- Tullawon Health Service (ACCHS)
- Whyalla Community Health Services
- Child and Youth Health – Coober Pedy
- Nganampa Health Service
- Oodnadatta Hospital and Health Service
- Port Augusta Hospital and Regional Health Services
- Umoona Tjutagku Health (ACCHS)
- Tarpari Wellbeing Centre
- Lucindale Community Health
- Millicent Community Health Centre
- Naracoorte Community Health
- Pangula Mannamurna Inc (ACCHS)
- Tatiara Community Health
- Child Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAMHS) – Berri
- Kalparrin Community Inc (ACCHS)
- Meningie Community Health Centre
- Murray Mallee Aged Care Group Inc
- Riverland Community Health Services
- Tumake Yande Aboriginal Aged Care (ACCHS)