Glenside Campus redevelopment project
The Glenside Campus redevelopment includes a new state-of-the-art hospital. This 129 bed hospital will provide purpose-built specialist services tailored especially for modern mental health and drug and alcohol care, and will be delivered as part of a vibrant campus community.
It aims to encourage every day social and community connections between families and individuals who use the services and the wider community.
The Glenside Campus includes:
- a 129 bed mental health and substance abuse hospital
- a 15 bed intermediate care centre
- 20 new supported accommodation units
- a drug and alcohol outpatient facility
- public open space for community enjoyment, and all linked with green pathways and open space
- a new film and screen centre.
The hospital includes:
- 40 secure rehabilitation beds
- Six mother and infant perinatal beds
- 53 acute beds (comprised of 23 rural and remote beds, 20 acute adult beds and 10 psychiatric intensive care beds)
- 30 drug and alcohol specialist detoxification beds
- education, training and research facilities.