Older People Clinical Network
The Older People Clinical Network brings together clinicians, consumers, care providers, health service managers, non-government organisations and researchers to plan and implement best practice in providing for the health and welfare of older people across South Australia.
The network aims to:
- increase clinicians’ involvement in planning health services
- develop statewide service plans to ensure high quality consumer-focused services for older people
- focus on integrating services
- establish workgroups to focus on agreed priority areas.
- Health Service Framework for Older People 2009-2016
- Guidelines for Sub-acute Services Offering Digital Telehealth Network Consultations (PDF 1MB)
- Report on the inquiry into dementia: early diagnosis and intervention
- Dementia care in hospitals: costs and strategies
- Dementia in Australia
- WHO: Dementia a public health priority
- Assessment and Management of People with Behavioural and Psychological Symptoms of Dementia – NSW
- Dementia Collaborative Research Centre – Assessment and Better Care: Behaviour Management - A Guide to Good Practice Managing Behavioural and Psychological Symptoms of Dementia
Report on the 5 December 2013 Dementia Forum
Please read the report and check that all the comments you made at the forum have been included and responded to adequately.
If you feel your comments are not included in the report or that they have not be responded to adequately, please let us know.
Please provide any additional comments by Monday 28 February 2014.
Network Development Manager
Older People Clinical Network
Repatriation General Hospital
Level 1, C Block, Daws Road, Daw Park, SA, 5041
Telephone: 0402 780 595
We welcome your comments and ongoing involvement in the development of the plan.
Events of interest
20 June 2014 Palliative Care Conference - Adelaide
News and membership
Chair: A/Prof Craig Whitehead
Deputy Chair: Professor Renuka Visvanathan
Network Development Manager: Louise Heuzenroeder
|Dr Chris Bollen||General Practitioner||Metropolitan|
|Rajiv Chand||General Manager Alzheimer’s Australia - SA||SA|
|Kathryn Cunningham||Chief Executive Officer Alzheimer’s Australia - SA||SA|
|David Curren||Service Manager, Veterans and Older Persons Mental Health Service, Southern Adelaide Local Health Network||Metropolitan|
|Dr Jeff Faunt||Head of General Medicine & Medical Unit 2, RAH||Metropolitan|
|Alan Graham||CEO, Aged & Community Services SA&NT Inc||Metropolitan|
|Dianne Halliday||Clinical Manager, Transition Care Program, Northern Adelaide Local Health Network||Metropolitan|
|Dr John Maddison||Medical Co-Director - Aged Care, Rehabilitation & Palliative Care, Northern Adelaide Local Health Network||Metropolitan|
|Justin Prendergast||Nursing Director, Rehab & Aged Care, RGH||Metropolitan|
|Dr Robert Prowse||Director, Department of Geriatric and Rehab Medicine, RAH||Metropolitan|
|Helen Smith||Manager, Speech Pathology, TQEH||Metropolitan|
|Kate Swaffer||Consumer Representative||SA|
|Dr Cameron Robertson||General Practitioner||Country|
|Professor Renuka Visvanathan||Director, Aged & Extended Care Services TQEH||Metropolitan|
|Jeanette Walters||Manager Office For the Ageing||Statewide|
|A/Prof Craig Whitehead||Director, Division of Aged Care and Rehab Southern Adelaide Local Health Network||Metropolitan|
|Joy Whitehorn||Consumer Representative||Metropolitan|
|Sharon McLennan||Clinical Practice Consultant, Geriatric Evaluation & Management Team, South East Regional Community Health Service Country Health Local Health Network||Country|