SA Health Clinical Placement System
Better Placed: Strengthening our clinical placement system
In late 2013 the Healthcare Management Advisors (HMA), commissioned by SA Health, undertook a series of consultations on the current and future clinical placement system in South Australia and provided a report.
SA Health’s response document, Better Placed: Strengthening our Clinical Placement System outlines the proposed directions and four key goals for development.
A new system of governance will be established in the latter half of 2014 to provide a state-wide approach to the management of clinical placements and education for all professions; and to lead the work related to the four goals in collaboration with key stakeholders.
Agreement for Clinical Placements
Under SA Health policy, clinical placement agreement between the Minister for Health and education providers is required to formalise and underpin arrangements for providing health profession clinical placements across SA Health.
A total of thirty two (32) clinical placement agreements have been executed over the past three years. Agreements which are expiring can be re-negotiated for extension under a new Agreement for Clinical Placements (the Agreement) which has been revised following a consultation process with relevant stakeholders.
All existing Agreements have been uploaded onto the Procurement and Contract Management System (PCMS) and listed below:
- Australian Nursing and Midwifery Federation SA Branch (Australian Nursing and Midwifery Education Centre)*
- Careers Australia College of Health Care*
- Deakin University*
- Charles Sturt University*
- Education Training & Employment Australia Pty Ltd*
- University of South Australia*
- RMIT (Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology)*
- Central Queensland University*
- Celtic Training & Consultancy Pty Ltd*
- Charles Darwin University*
- Equals International (Australia) Pty Ltd
- Your Life Health & Learning (RDNS-Royal District Nursing Service of SA Ltd)
- The College of Nursing
- University of Adelaide
- Flinders University
- University of Ballarat & Smart Futures Group Pty Ltd T/A "The William Light Institute" (Initial Registration Course for Division 1 Overseas Registered Nurses National Board Approval End Date: 01/08/2014)
- The University of Queensland
- James Cook University
- University of Tasmania
- Curtin University of Technology
- Royal Flying Doctor Service of Australia Central Operations
- Southern Cross University
- University of Newcastle
- La Trobe University
- Griffith University
- Queensland University of Technology
- Commonwealth Department of Defence
- TAFE SA
- Australian Catholic University
- Gold Coast University of Technology
*Agreement in the process of being extended to 30 June 2016.