Mental health training
The National Mental Health Plan identified the need to invest in our work force and foster a culture of research innovation and sustainability. South Australia’s Health Care Plan also identified learning as key to providing a first-class health service and a work force with high level skills and capacity.
It is the vision of the South Australian Mental Health Training Centre (SAMHTC) to enable all staff employed within mental health to have access to ongoing learning, support and professional development activities that enhance their capabilities and provide better outcomes for consumers.
The SA Mental Health Training Centre seeks to:
- make the best use of current resources
- provide a range of mechanisms to learn and share together
- enhance current resources
- innovate solutions to learning
- strengthen inter-agency collaboration and learning
These initiatives will be achieved by:
- aligning learning with current and future business needs
- integrating learning with organisational and other business processes
- creating a culture that values learning and continuous improvement
- providing a range of learning options
- managing learning equitably
- supporting skills application
- supporting our managers and leaders.