Clinical plans, policies, guidelines and protocols to assist with patient care.
Quality use of medicines
SA Health’s Quality Use of Medicines South Australia Working Group (QUMSA) has been established to optimise the Quality Use of Medicines (QUM) in South Australia through providing advice and leadership in the area of QUM and by supporting the implementation of QUM projects, programs and research.
Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency
operations are governed by the Health Practitioner Regulation National Law Act 2009, which came into effect on 1 July 2010. From this date, for the first time in Australia, 10 health professions became regulated under nationally consistent legislation. On 1 July 2012 4 more health professions were incorporated under the National Law.
AHPRA supports the 14 National Boards that are responsible for regulating the 14 health professions. The primary role of the Boards is to protect the public and they set standards and policies that all registered health practitioners must meet.
More information about the scheme is available within Health Practitioner Regulation National Law (South Australia) Act 2010.
Clinical topics in this section
- Assisted reproductive treatment providers
- Blood management
- Cancer and oncology
- Cervical screening
- Challenging behaviour strategy
- Child health
- Child protection
- Clinical deterioriation
- Clinical handover
- Community of practice
- Cystic Fibrosis
- End of life care for health professionals
- Falls prevention
- Healthcare associated infections
- Hospital accommodation
- Immunisation for health professionals
- Infectious disease control
- Medicines and drugs
- Mental health for health professionals
- Neonatal medication guidelines
- Neurological disorders
- Older people
- Oral health care for older people
- Organ and tissue donation for health professionals
- Paediatric clinical practice guidelines
- Patient identification
- Pressure injuries
- Restrictive practices in health care
- Sexually transmitted infection guidelines
- Substance misuse and dependence
- Termination of pregnancy