Allied and scientific health
SA Health has over 4000 allied and scientific health professionals who provide a range of diagnostic, technical and therapeutic services to South Australians.
The Allied and Scientific Health Office, informs, guides and advocates for SA Health's allied and scientific health workforce.
Allied and scientific health professions include:
- art or music therapy
- exercise physiology
- genetic counselling
- nuclear medicine technology
- nutrition and dietetics
- occupational therapy
- orthotics and prosthetics
- radiation therapy
- social work
- speech pathology.
And provides support as required for the scientific professions such as medical and grant funded scientists and the allied and scientific health assistant workforce.
In this section
- Allied health activity recording
- Allied Health Professionals plus Professional Development Reimbursement Program (AHP+PDRP)
- Career pathways for allied health professionals
- Evidence based practice on allied and scientific health
- Grants and scholarships in allied health
- Professional development and training in allied health
- Registration, credentialing and professional associations in allied health
- Standards and guidelines for allied and scientific health