Office for the Ageing
Office for the Ageing supports and administers two Acts and a range of programs to help older South Australians. These are:
- Office for the Ageing Act 1995
- Retirement Villages Act 1987
- Prosperity Through Longevity: South Australia’s Ageing Plan 2014-2019
- Aged Care Assessment Program
- Grants for Seniors and Positive Ageing Grants
- South Australian Seniors Card.
As well as implementing and administering policy, projects and programs OFTA also:
- advises and supports the Ministers for Health and Ageing
- raises awareness of issues affecting older people
- works collaboratively across government and the community
- contributes to policy, planning and service development.
Further information for South Australian seniors can be found at www.sa.gov.au/seniors